In the wee hours of every early morning, I drive on creepy
south First Street in downtown San José. It’s filled with dull lit street
lights and tweaked out homeless people yelling into the quiet dawn air. The
overwhelming emptiness feeling lines the street and always makes me extremely uncomfortable. I look down the street and there is a bus that drops off a heaving load of prostitutes
and hookers. They scatter to their corners like rodents and stand there until
some blacked-out van or sedan exchange transactions and slide themselves in to
the black night for a quick exchange. With all of this going on, I have yet to
see any sort of police vehicle sightings. The unnerving absentness of the SJPD
is not what I pay for in taxes and I should be seeing more police activity
before 5 a.m. I would like to feel more secure.
No comments:
Post a Comment